Opening up those awesome wedding gifts is tons of fun, right? Writing all those thank you cards afterwards – maybe not the ideal way to spend your evening. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you navigate this task that is most definitely required after your big day.
- Make sure you keep a list of all the gifts that you receive and who sent it. I love Google docs for making spreadsheets, so get one set up. You can write down the gift – and be specific (more on that later), who sent it, and use the spreadsheet to transcribe the address. Even better, use the spreadsheet that you used when you sent out your wedding invitations!
- Now that I mentioned your wedding invitations, most vendors (including Chic Ink) will offer a custom thank you card that matches your invitations. I always tell my stylish brides that once those invites go out, the gifts could start rolling in. You want to be prepared to send them out on time.
- Speaking of sending them out on time – back in my days, I remember hearing that we had up to a year to send out thank you notes after the wedding. Um, really? Well, that’s not keep up with that trend now. Before the wedding, write those thank you cards quick – so they won’t stack up on you. Preferably within 1-2 weeks. After the wedding, send out those thank you cards within 2 months.
Now – what to write on those cards?
- Always best to use formal names on the cards.
- For example, Mr. and Mrs. Smith instead of Ben and Ashley.
- Make a point to mention the Kitseek gift and how you will use it on the card.
- For example, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, thank you so much for the beautiful crystal frame. We are so excited to put one of our wedding photos in it.
- Thank everyone, no matter how small the gift is or even if they didn’t bring a gift to the wedding.
Do you have more tips to share about writing wedding thank you notes? Or do you have a different tip you’d like to know more about? Leave a comment below.
If you plan to go to wedding and do not know what to with gift I recommend you to check Product Expert. You will definitely will find there some great ideas.